Beginning this 2009, we will start sharing our personal stories regarding our trips around the Philippines with our LipadNa readers. From April 23-2006, 2009, our family went to Ilocos Norte for our annual family vacation.
We flew to the Laoag Airport from Manila. Driving to Ilocos from Manila can take anywhere from eight hours to thirteen hours. So to spare us the long road trip, we decided to fly.
We stayed at Playa Tropical Resort Hotel which we were very happy with, although we likewise have a few areas for improvement that we shall point out in the coming days.
While in Ilocos Norte, we took a one day tour which took us to places like the Marcos Mausoleum in Batac; the historic Paoay Church; Herencia Cafe, famous for its Pinakbet Pizza; Malacanang of the North overlooking Paoay Lake; Museo Ilocos Norte; the Marcos Museum and St. Monica Parish in Sarrat; and the St. William Cathedral in Laoag City.
Do visit this site for updates in the coming days as we tell you our stories about our Ilocos Norte vacation.
This page has the following sub pages.
- NAIA Terminal 3
- Cebu Pacific
- Staying at Playa Tropical Resort Hotel
- Food at Playa Tropical Resort Hotel
- Things to Do at Playa Tropical, Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Norte Tour: Marcos Mausoleum in Batac
- Ilocos Norte Tour: Paoay Church and Herencia Cafe
- Ilocos Norte Tour: Malacanang of the North and Paoay Lake
- Ilocos Norte Tour: Museo Ilocos Norte, Marcos Museum, St. Monica Parish in Sarrat
- What We Liked and Areas for Improvement at Playa Tropical
- Some Ilocos Norte Trip Photos